Thanks for all the positive feedback regarding our recently launched
- What is one marketing topic that is most important to you as an innovator?
- Why is this so important?
- How will the customer experience be improved by this?
- How will this improve the effectiveness of marketing?
Wanda Gierhart is the SVP and CMO for Neiman Marcus, the premier omni-channel retailer of luxury and fashion merchandise in the US.
Since its founding in 1907, the company has been known for its commitment to merchandising excellence and customer service.
Wanda joined Neiman Marcus in 2009. Previously, she was President and CEO, Travel Smith Outfitters; EVP Merchandising and Marketing, Design within Reach; and EVP and CMO at Limited Brands.
1. What is one marketing topic that is most important to you as an innovator?
There are numerous fronts in which we are innovating but the most important is personalization.
2. Why is this so important?
At the core of our business, Neiman Marcus is about delivering an incredible luxury service experience. We've been doing this in-store for over 100 years and with the increasing use of the internet, mobile devices, social, and other channels, maintaining that high touch service is more important than ever.
3. How will the customer experience be improved by this?
As our personalized e-commerce service moves closer and closer to an in-store experience, we develop a deeper relationship and further trust with our clients. Relationships and trust result in customer loyalty. And loyalty means business.
What is your favorite activity outside of work?
Wanda's favorite out of office activities include watching her daughter dance and supporting the arts through her involvement with organizations like TACA.